News JA
Kirjoitti: ()
Päiväys:

[jamaicaobserver.com]

Regular cops lose M16s
Police to get less powerful guns
KARYL WALKER, Observer staff reporter walkerk@jamaicaobserver.com
Tuesday, March 11, 2008

POLICE Commissioner Rear Admiral Hardley Lewin yesterday announced that the American-made M16 assault rifles, currently being used by cops on operational duties, will be replaced by the less powerful MP5 submachine guns.

The police chief said the phase-out of the M16 for regular police operations was part of efforts to curtail the use of deadly force within the constabulary. It comes less than a week after an 11-month-old infant was shot dead, allegedly by a bullet fired by a special constable chasing an illegal taxi operator on March Pen Road, St Catherine.

Lewin, who made the announcement at a media briefing at the Police Officers' Club in St Andrew, said only members of the Mobile Reserve - the special squad formed to deal with civil unrest or national emergencies - would be allowed to continue using M16 rifles.

"This is an effort to reduce the possibility of collateral damage because of the high-powered nature of the M16," Lewin said.
The M16 rifle is made by Colt and uses 5.56 mm bullets, while the German-designed MP5 uses smaller 9mm rounds and is made by Heckler and Koch.

It was not clear what was the timeframe for the phase-out of the M16s, but the decision is likely to come under fire from the rank-and-file within the constabulary, who have often complained that the guns-for-drugs trade operating between Jamaica and Haiti was providing local criminals with more sophisticated weapons than those being used by the police.
Some officers even complained that they were at a disadvantage when they confront well-armed criminals in gunbattles.

Yesterday, Lewin, the retired head of the Jamaica Defence Force, urged cops to exercise good judgment when in such situations.

"An officer must know how to protect himself; if the criminal has the advantage, then you retreat and go for him another day," Lewin told the Observer after the press conference.

In addition to the less powerful guns, some officers have been issued with non-lethal mace - tear gas in an aerosol can - as part of the force's human rights and use of force policy.

"The force will be seeking to acquire other options to present our officers with other options when they contemplate the use of force," Lewin told reporters.

The police chief said, too, that a drive was underway to recertify and retrain every officer enlisted in the force and to implement regular firearms training for them.

Yesterday, Lewin apologised to the parents and relatives of the child who was shot dead by the special constable and whose killing sparked a massive demonstration by residents of the community.

The implicated cop has since been suspended from the force while his colleagues who were on traffic duty with him have been removed from the front-line, Lewin said yesterday.

"It is a most unfortunate and tragic incident. We feel your grief and pain at this time," Lewin said. "Indeed, I was angry when the news was communicated to me."

The commissioner also announced that 10 of his officers were receiving martial arts and unarmed combat training and that more were in line to be trained.

A review of the training given to new recruits and a renewed vigour towards community policing was also announced by the police commissioner.

samasta aiheesta gleanerissä: [jamaicagleaner.com]

lisää edelliseen johtaneesta aiheesta: [www.jamaica-gleaner.com]
"Government to foot bill for slain infant's funeral"
published: Sunday | March 9, 2008

[www.facebook.com]
[bujutrial.blogspot.com]
[dancehall-dance.blogspot.com]
[youtube.com]

Re: News JA
Päiväys:

Varmaan ihan hyvä juttu. Eipähän mene ihan niin monesta lauta/peltiseinästä läpi ne lukemattomat luodit jotka ohittavatkin tähtäimessä olleen badmanin. Voiskohan nekin alkaa asteittaen keventämään aseistustaan... On toi MP5:kin tosin aika hurjan näköinen vehje, jos vaikka sellaisen näkisi poliisin kourissa vaikka tossa steissillä voisi siinä vähän kulmat kurtistua. Jos vaikka nämä uudet ulkomaalaisten papereiden pistotarkastukset suoritettaisiin sellaisten vehkeiden avustuksella. Ne isot katusota-asuiset M16:ta ja taisteluhaulikoita rokkaavat poliisijengit Kingstonin downtownissa oli sikäläisissäkin oloissa aika "kunnioitusta" herättäviä. En tahtoisi olla pahviseinän takana kun sellainen jengi taistelee vastapuolen koviksien kanssa kulman takana.

---
[www.last.fm]

Muokattu 1 kertaa. Muokattu viimeksi .

Päiväys:

MAVADO IN JAIL FOR SHOOTING

Dancehall artiste David 'Mavado' Brooks was arrested and charged yesterday on two counts of shooting with intent and illegal possession of firearm, stemming from an incident last year.

Brooks was arrested after he turned himself over to the Kingston and St Andrew Major Investigation Task Force at their downtown offices yesterday.

Head of the Major Investigation Task Force, Assistant Commissioner of Police Les Green, said the artiste was formally charged after he was questioned by detectives.

"He voluntarily attended our offices and he was charged today (yesterday)," he said.

The police said the artiste was charged in relation to an incident on Mannings Hill Road on July 27, when two persons were shot. ACP Green, however, refused to go into details about the shooting or if it was linked to an ongoing feud in the Cassava Piece area which has had residents of the community cowering in fear. He added that the investigations were continuing into the incident.

Mavado has since been taken into custody and will appear in the Gun Court on Friday.

This is not the first time that the artiste has been arrested and charged.

In January last year he was arrested and charged with possession of ganja after he was caught with the contraband while the police were on a raid in Cassava Piece. And in 2006 the deejay was charged with two counts of wounding, assaulting police and resisting arrest after an altercation at the Constant Spring Police Station in which he was injured.

[www.jamaica-star.com]

[www.facebook.com]
[bujutrial.blogspot.com]
[youtube.com]

Päiväys:

Reggae dancehall deejay Mavado will miss his scheduled show in Trinidad tomorrow, which has been rescheduled to April 4th and 5th. This after Mavado was arrested on Wednesday after turning himself in to Jamaica Police. Mavado had to surrender his passport yesterday in Jamaica courts after receiving J$200,000 bail.

Päiväys:

Miss Jamaica Universe 2008

lyhyttukkainen donieka ei valitettavasti voittanut

[www.facebook.com]
[bujutrial.blogspot.com]
[youtube.com]

Päiväys:

Coitus captivus?

[www.jamaica-star.com]

COUPLE STUCK DURING SEX?

A report that a man and a woman got stuck while having sex and had to be rushed to a popular hospital has been the talk on the lips of several persons at that medical facility.

The report said that the man's penis had to be cut off after the woman's vagina tightened around it and he was not able to get out.

Though employees confirmed hearing about the report, the hospital's administration say they have never heard of such a case.

Reports reaching THE STAR say that the man and the woman showed up to the hospital in an inseparable sexual position, similar to that of two canines that had got stuck during the mating process. It is understood that the woman had to be injected with muscle relaxant by medical staff to release her severe grip on the man. By this time, however, it was too late as oxygen and blood had stopped circulating in the man's member for too long, hence it had to be cut off.

Coitus captivus

When The Star visited the hospital, there were only a few staff members who admitted that they too have heard the incident and were questioning if the argument was just a rumour.

"Well, I hear bout it but mi nuh really know if a true," said one porter who was on duty. "I jus hear the argument wha day when mi come back a work, yuh see me? But I don't know who it happen to or when, nothing like that. I just hear that a man and a woman come up yah hitch."

A staff member from the Accident and Emergency Unit said he, too, heard of the incident, but like his co-worker could not say if it was true.

While he, too, has never heard about the case at the hospital, Dr Alverston Bailey, medical doctor and immediate past president of the Medical Association of Jamaica (MAJ), said it was theoretically possible for a man and a woman to get 'stuck' in such a compromising position.

"It's a disorder we learnt about in medical school but I have never seen any cases of it. It's called coitus captivus, where the woman's vaginal muscle spasm during intercourse and traps the man," he said. "This would be a very unpleasant experience for the man as the lady's severe grip would be quite painful, locking off blood circulation and oxygen to the man's penis. So, in other words, it would be as if the penis was being strangled."

Dr Bailey said that when this happens medical attention would have to be sought immediately, in the event that the woman was not able to calm herself and relax her muscles as the longer the wait, the more severe the pain would get.

[youtube.com]

Päiväys:

Tästä tulee mieleen muuan varhainen slakness-styge Ringolta. Lienee huumoria tämäkin.

Päiväys:

Good cop, bad cop! 90-luvulla poliisipäällikön työstään paljon kehuja saanut MacMillan turvallisuusministeriksi:

[www.jamaicaobserver.com]

"MacMillan sends signal he'll be a no-nonsense security minister

"The police force of Jamaica has a lot of good people, honest hardworking people. It also has a few bad eggs. And I am today asking the few bad eggs to stand up and move out, or let the good people get rid of them." the new minister declared.
"

[youtube.com]

Muokattu 1 kertaa. Muokattu viimeksi .

Päiväys:

Actor Garfield 'Bad Boy Trevor' Reid, says that he had consented to the taping of a popular home-made oral sex video that is now in circulation.

""I am the first man to go on Man Talk and admit to doing oral sex. it's not a secret, it's not a problem, I don't do things and hide, if I was gay, I wouldn't hide it."

"I do oral sex, so what?" he questioned before claiming "Ninety nine per cent of men in Jamaica do it."
"

[www.jamaica-star.com]

Tää ei oo kuitenkaan Reid:

[youtube.com]

Päiväys:

Selassie' injured after jumping from third floor of KPH:

A man, identified only as 'Selassie', was seriously injured yesterday when he jumped from the third floor of the Kingston Public Hospital.

Uutisten ulkopuolelta kuulin, että kun tämä henkisesti tasapainottomaksi luonnehdittu sairaalan potilas oli uhannut hyppäävänsä korkealta ikkunasta, niin jotkut ihmiset sairaalan ulkopuolella olivat vain katselleet ja kylmästi kehottaneet häntä hyppäämään.

[youtube.com]

Päiväys:

Reggae artiste Tarrus Riley is now officially the face of Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice in Jamaica:

Erinomainen artisti ja mainio juoma, mutta en arvosta tätä tempausta, koska Ocean Spray rahdataan Jamaikalle muovipulloissa kaukaa ulkomailta. Vähän sama juttu oli 13 vuotta sitten Shineheadin kanssa, joka mainosti onneksi kuitenkin jamaikalaista Bigga-limua. Biggaa myytiin ja myydään edelleen muovipulloissa, jotka kierrätysjärjestelmän puuttuessa päätyvät Jamaikalla luontoon. Joko sellaisenaan teiden varsille tai gullien kautta mereen, ja monessa tapauksessa myös savuna ilmaan. 90-luvun puoliväli oli muistaakseni se vaihe, jolloin Jamaikalla siirryttiin lasipulloista muoviin. Vai oliko? Muistaako joku paremmin? Riina?

Toisaalta jos Ocean Spraytä aletaan myydä tarpeeksi Jamaikalla, niin sitä luultavasti aletaan myös valmistaa Jamaikalla kuten Guinnessin ja Smirnoff Icen kanssa on käynyt. Täytyy myöntää, että itsekin sorruin Ocean Sprayn mainostamiseen Jouvert-bileissä keväällä, kun käytin sen mainoshuivia fledan suojana maalilta.

[youtube.com]

Päiväys:

The man who jumped from KPH:

[www.jamaica-gleaner.com]

Wayne Saunders, the mentally ill man who jumped from a ledge at the Kingston Public Hospital, told His Story last year about his challenges.

Surullista luettavaa, mutta ihan perusmeininkiä Jamaikalla: "...as was poignantly demonstrated by a bunch of cruel and insensitive onlookers who shouted, "Jump, jump, jump," while Wayne was still on the ledge.

This callous attitude towards people who are so afflicted is symptomatic of a nation that is even sicker than Wayne, a nation in which we bask in our brothers' downfall and walk in their blood. A nation, where we appear on TV every night with placards seeking justice for family members and associates who are gunned down by scurrilous criminals. Yet, we excitedly urged a mentally unstable man to jump to his death.
"

[youtube.com]

Päiväys:

^"Jump! Jump! Jump!" And Selassie jumps:

[www.youtube.com]

Toinen "hyppääjämme" on Dj Psycho Tanbad, jonka biisi Issues lupailee hyvää miehen tulevasta tuotannosta. Muistan miehen ekat(?) sinkut 90-luvun lopulta ja vuosikymmenen alusta, mutta vuosiin en muista kuulleeni artistista. Tässä Issues, jossa dj "hyppää" saman Constant Spring Roadin varrella olevan rakennuksen katolta, jossa Downsound Records sijaitsi vuosia. En tiedä onko enää siellä:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.myspace.com]

"Sweet Jamaica! What a nice place to live! No problem!"

[youtube.com]

Muokattu 2 kertaa. Muokattu viimeksi .

Päiväys:

Onko Sasha & Turbulence jälleen yhdessä??
ainakin tällainen biisi ois ilmestynyt juuri

Sasha feat Turbulence - I don't wanna be alone

Mitäs muita kuumia juoruja Jamaikan tähtitaivaan rakkausrintamalta?
uusia pareja tai kuumia romansseja?

#1 POUTA SOUND

Päiväys:

^sasha ja turbulence oliki soma pari. mitäs beenielle ja barbielle kuuluu? joko d'angelilla on joku uus? vai jopa takas bountyn kainaloon..siinähän ois sopivasti säpinää starin etusivulle.
hyvä kysymys lauri :) scandal?

[www.facebook.com]
[bujutrial.blogspot.com]
[youtube.com]

Päiväys:

Lainaus
Lauri Heinonen
Onko Sasha & Turbulence jälleen yhdessä??
ainakin tällainen biisi ois ilmestynyt juuri

Sasha feat Turbulence - I don't wanna be alone

En tiedä milloin ilmestynyt. Mäkin kuulin sen äskettäin. Ja näin videonkin ekaa kertaa pari päivää sitten, ja ihmettelin aivan samaa.

Beeniestä en osaa sanoa. Poseeras ainakin Weddyssä Weddyssä viime viikolla jonkun "uuden naisen" kanssa. D'Angel on ollut viime aikoina esiintymässä yllättävän paljon samoissa konserteissa Beenien kanssa. Taitaa olla myös Beenien Shizzle-konsertin esiintyjälistalla. Kyseinen stageshow on viikon päästä.

[youtube.com]

Päiväys:

Turbulence & Sasha - I Dont Wanna Be Alone

" In the latest publication of the Jamaica Star the saying 'ol' fire stick easy fi ketch' would seem to apply to singers Sasha and Turbulence who have caused the streets to be buzzing and tongues wagging about the nature of their relationship after the two recently shot a video for their new single titled "Don't Want To Be Alone" on the 'Breeze Riddim'.

The video shot last week by 'Terminal 4 Media' is set against the backdrop of a local craft market that sees the two accidentally crossing path before eventually getting intimate, hugging, wining, and even sharing a kiss. In the midst of their unveiling affection Turbulence begins to ask Sasha a lot of burning questions like "Why did you leave, when I'm use to waking up with you" as she responds "and I'm used to having you near." In the chorus the two sings, "I don't wanna be alone, want you right here by my side."

However when Sasha was interviewed she expressed that presently she and Turbulence were nothing more than just good friends and the same was concurred by him. According to Turbulence they are just good friend that have great chemistry when they perform together.

When asked about the kiss Sasha said she could not have kissed any other male artiste in a video and it was only because of her past with Turbulence why they kissed in the video. For Turbulence the kiss was like playing a part in a movie.

In 2006 the two went through a public break up with reports that they were throwing words at each other through various recordings.

Turbulence recorded a single entitled 'No Man No Perfect' and Sasha returned with 'Got What You Need' where Sasha says, 'mi know yuh a man and mi muss get bun, but sex without a condom a careless fun'.

In happier times, the two had recorded two love songs together- Natty Pon Di Frontline and We've Got The Love.

According to Sasha the two were not throwing words at each other then. "I don't wanna say we were throwing words, we were involved and being human... we just expressed ourselves. It wasn't a war... I said my piece, he said his piece."

Adding, "I still love him as a person, he has a good heart and soul and people do tings and you make mistakes but it's hard to go back."

As to whether they would ever get back together she responded, "I don't know, there's always a possibility. We see each other but this time around - proceed with caution."

In the meantime Sasha is keeping herself busy, immersing herself in her role as a producer, while traveling and making more music. Sasha recently began to record songs in Spanish, like Black or White. Sasha says she wants to take the Latin American market by storm.

For Turbulence, who has been off the scene for a while doing shows in Africa, he says he has a number of singles getting ready to be released. He says he has been working alongside producers like Snow Cone and King Jammys.

We have embedded a copy of their latest music video "Don't Wanna Be Alone" courtesy of Terminal 4 Media for your viewing pleasure (see video below). "

876radio.com

FORWARD SQUAD SOUND CLOUD

AND MIXCLOUD

Päiväys:

^ lol, ketä kiinnostaa oikeesti :P

Taitaa Turbulencella olla biisinaiheet vähissä. Beeniellä on varaa sentään draamailla hyvällä omallatunnolla julkisuudessa kun listoilla keikkuu jatkuvasti joku biisi mutta tää menee vähän turhan seiskapäiväähommaks..

Komposti @ Facebook / Komposti @ Twitter / Komposti @ SoundCloud
Jukka Poika @ Facebook / Raappana @ Facebook

Ylivoima-studio online!

Päiväys:

ai must toi oli ihan hyvä, vastas kysymykseeni..ja hyväsän se on tietää mistä "kadulla" puhutaan ettei sit oo ihan uunona mestoilla, tai tipu kärryiltä uusien biisien lyrikoiden suhteen.
kyl nää jamaikan 7-päivää jutut must kiinnostavampia on ku suomen vastaavat :)

[www.facebook.com]
[bujutrial.blogspot.com]
[youtube.com]

Päiväys:

ei ne kyl o.

Mene sivulle:  1234567891011 ...Viimeinen Seuraava sivu
Sivu:1 / 41

This forum powered by Phorum.